New Patient Exams
Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, and high-quality dental care. We understand that you or your child may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while we provide the best possible care.
Your first visit is all about you and your child’s comfort, happiness, and health. During your son or daughter’s first visit, we will:
- Review the child’s dental and medical history forms
- Take X-rays of your little one’s teeth and mouth
- Clean and polish your child’s teeth, and check the teeth and gums for cavities or early signs of tooth decay or gingivitis
- After your youngster’s checkup and teeth cleaning are complete, Dr. Josh or Dr. Remya will meet with you to discuss your X-rays, help you create your child’s individual treatment plan, and answer any questions you may have.
Bring your son or daughter’s smile, but also remember to bring these to that first appointment:
- A completed patient information and health history form for each child
- Your insurance card
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends all children visit a pediatric dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep their teeth and gums healthy.
Depending on your youngster’s oral health, we may ask you to return for a follow-up consult. For children who have an increased risk for cavities, we set aside longer time for coaching and communication, and we want to respect your child’s limitations. For the convenience of patients who travel a greater distance, we may arrange a phone consult for this communication and coaching.
If you have any other questions concerning our new patient visits, please call us at (925) 447-1377. We will happily answer your questions!