Our Office’s Safety Precautions
PLEASE COMPLETE THIS ONLINE FORM FOR EACH PATIENT UP TO 3 DAYS PRIOR TO COMING TO ANY APPOINTMENT TO OUR OFFICE:
We are pleased to announce that after a two and a half month closure we will be returning to patient care on Monday, June 1st. While the office has been closed for patient care we have been working to make physical and protocol changes to accommodate what many call the “new normal.” Our guiding principle has been very simple. “Our office will continue to be a place where we would feel comfortable treating our own children.”
The list of physical upgrades to our facility, enhanced PPE (personal protective equipment) our clinical team will be wearing, sterilization enhancements and new patient protocols are numerous. Last week, our team went through intensive training on the updated infection control guidelines from groups like the ADA and CDC. An OSHA training company came to the office to provide fitting of N95 respirators (masks) which will be used in procedures such as fillings.
We would like to highlight a few of these enhancements and would be happy to explain further when you are back in the office.
- Screenings provided by Stanford Health care for temperature and symptoms as soon as you enter the building. Masks and hand sanitizer will be given out. Only the main entrance is open for now. We kindly ask you arrive 5 minutes early for all appointments
- Our paper health history updates have been replaced with an easy to complete online form which includes COVID screening questions. Please look out for the link on your appointment reminder email or text. We ask this is completed the day prior to your child's appointment so it can be reviewed.
- Masks are to be worn by every member of our staff at all times, including at the front desk
- New antimicrobial flooring thru the entire office
- Medical grade air filtration throughout the office and in every room
- Mandatory temperature and illness screening daily for all doctors and staff
- Hand sanitizer located by both doors and in over 20 locations
- Clear barriers between the chairs in the cleaning/exam area
- New and refreshed seating with barriers between chairs in the reception room
- Non-contact digital thermometers for patient testing before they are allowed in the clinical space
- Child-friendly decorated face shields worn by our clinical staff when your child is in the dental chair
- Acrylic barriers at the front desk
- Extensive use of aerosol reducing suction devices that are child friendly
- Removal of the play cubes, coloring supplies, and patient prize shelf (don’t worry we will be handing your child a clean toy that has been sanitized and not touched by any other child)
In order to give our team time to adapt to all of these changes and to provide room for social distancing, we have greatly reduced the number of patients we are seeing at one time.
- For social distancing purposes, only one adult per patient (or 2 adults per 3 or more children) are encouraged to come to the appointment. If your child is differently-abled or has special needs please disregard this.
- If possible, please wait until 3 minutes or less from your appointment time to come into the office. There is ample space and seating in the hallway. This is to allow for social distancing. Please note we have installed barriers between the chairs in the reception area.
Please note that due to the extended closure there were many patients who had appointments canceled and recently rescheduled. Please give us 2 business days notice to reschedule to avoid a cancellation fee. Should you need to cancel an appointment, we may not be able to accommodate you for an extended period of time.
To accommodate our patients who had appointments canceled during the closure, we have added additional Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays as needed.
Please know that if you do need to reschedule an appointment you recently made or miss a scheduled appointment, there could be an extended wait to rebook.
Although we have started to call families to reschedule their appointments, please feel free to give the office a call! If you are unable to get through due to our temporarily higher call volume or you have a brief tooth-related tooth question for a doctor please EMAIL US to request an appointment. Please include your name, patient(s) name, preference on day/time and phone number.
We look forward to seeing you soon!!
If you have an appointment scheduled within the next few weeks, please contact our office if you experience any of the following as your child's appointment will need to canceled or rescheduled be moved.
- Shortness of breath
- Travel within the past 14 days to affected geographical regions or more than 100 miles